A man is a success is he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.



- Bob Dylan







Saturday, June 19, 2010

Art for UpTown... not your average planter!

I was asked by a friend if I would be interested in painting a planter. UpTown would commission me to paint on a planter that Elandan Gallary would fill and UpTown would generously donate to the Gig Harbor Garden Tour auction next weekend. What was a simple project (in my mind)... turned into an experience I will never forget.

Kristin and I went shopping for the planter and found this one. It was so cool. It was rustic, yet funky in style. Also light weight. And big (not that you can tell from this photo... Mason could even sit in it!)... Perfect for our project.

John supplied me with the words and phrases. I was sooo excited to get started...



Now this is where you insert the last week of school, new tshirt designs to produce (yeah... we got the Hurricanes!), Brooke started cheerleading, Mason ended Little League and started Peninsula Youth Football, Father's Day (just bought his gifts today), end of year teacher gifts, end of year parties, etc. Hmmmm.... typical me.... "I can do it"... NO comments please! haha

Also, did I forget to mention I had to get special outdoor paints and sealer... and the planter was made of foam with very porous texture that you cannot draw a straight line on??????

But it all worked out. When I was finished with this project I loved it. It is different from the rest I am sure. It is just plain fun! I want one for my own patio. So, if you are interested in one, please go to the the GH Garden Tour Auction at Rosedale Gardens this weekend. I will not be taking special orders... unless there is a trip to Hawaii or Palm Desert included in the deal!!
Seriously, support our local community and check it out.
Thank you family and friends and clients that allowed me to take a few days off to get this project completed. Happy summer gardening!
-Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment