A man is a success is he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.



- Bob Dylan







Saturday, May 8, 2010

17 years married!!!


It's official.... 17 years married!
17 years.....
1 Thanksgiving proposal
1 super fun wedding
1 really bad motel room (we forgot to get a place to stay)
various jobs (one had a two hour commute and we carpooled with our first born baby and Barney music the whole time... that lasted 6 months... we got different jobs and bought a new home)
tons of friends
3 rentals
2 homes
2 kids
4 sets of grandparents
no pets (yes, yes, yes... we will get some one day)
1 palm tree
a few vacations
acting classes
cheer camp
car pooling
volunteering
sports galore
many Little League games (tonight... our 17 yr anniv. dinner will be either hot dogs or hamburgers at the Little League fields under the lights!
2 toasters
PRICELESS!
This is our third official toaster for our entire 17 years of marriage. Yeah, I know, that doesn't sound real good. Oh well... we did get new appliances two years ago... but forgot to get a toaster. I could not handle the two slots any more. Especially when our son asks for 3 Eggo waffles every morning. Not real romantic... but it I wanted one! And he listened!!! Greg came home two nights ago, grabbed the kids and headed off to Target (I got that much out of them... they wouldn't tell me the rest). I awoke this morning to a new toaster... with 4 slots. I really wanted the one from Costco. It's big and shiny and really cool. But when I saw this one I knew the three of them picked it out and were so excited. It reminds me of how far we have come. So, this is my new toaster.... and I love it!!!!
Also, notice the Crown Royal next to it. A customer of Greg's gave it to him as a thank you. When asked what he likes to drink he said Crown Royal... knowing it was MY favorite drink. I included it with my anniversary gifts. And finally the card... a romantic one. That did it... I might need to rethink my gift (a round of golf and a coffee card... shhh... don't tell him). But I know he will love his just the same.
I've got to get back to my gumdrop cake I am making. Maybe I will share a photo of it when I am done. This is for the kids. Happy Anniversary family!
- Tracy

p.s.... Greg said we'd go to Vegas soon.... are you in Chad and Julie??? Elvis could renew your vows again!

No comments:

Post a Comment