A man is a success is he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.



- Bob Dylan







Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My kids' favorite pot roast recipe


Pot roast.... mom used to make it... grandma used to make it.... I remember is was something they got out of the oven on a cold, winter night and carved it up at the Sunday table.
Well, times have changed...
This recipe is one I serve all year round. It only takes 3 ingredients; and about 1 minute to prepare. It does take 8-9 hours to cook... but that's the beauty of it....
This morning I took the kids to school, went to the grocery store, made the pot roast, set it aside.... now I can get to my painting, then get the kids from school, take them to their practices (acting and sports)... then be home by 8pm to a home that smells soooo good when I walk in. The ingredients are a little unusual. But, trust me.... your kids will sing your praises. And your husbands will think you cooked all day. When the husbands get home make sure you ask how their day was and turn on a little baseball... this makes the pot roast taste even better to them... and it might get your dishes cleaned!
Enjoy!
- Tracy
Pot Roast
1 chuck roast
1 can Coca Cola (do not use diet)
1 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Place chuck roast in crock pot. Sprinkle the soup mix over the roast. Pour Coke over top. Cover and cook slow and "on Low" for 9 hours. Serve right out of the crockpot and watch your family smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment