A man is a success is he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.



- Bob Dylan







Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Family photos


Who says family photos can't be fun????
Of course it started with an invite to a Sunday dinner at a friend's house. I asked "What can I bring?". They said "Just bring yourselves." Then I had this bright idea to offer to bring dessert. I said I'd bake a cake. What??? I can't even tell you the last time I baked a cake. I think it was when I was 8 years old and I had an Easy Bake oven. Again... what was I thinking???? That is what lead up to the cupcake story ... it's a long story... don't ask. Anyway, I baked cupcakes and a mini cake (the adventure can be found at www.liveitupalittle.blogspot.com). Now fast forward... the invite to dinner turned out to be a photo shoot for the blog I am doing with a friend. We are selling some fun things in the near future... will keep you posted. ... I know, I know.... you don't need to ask about this either. Although you will finally be able to order tshirts and art without having to chase me down in the grocery store or Little League fields. .... Back to the "family photo" story... About 25 minutes before we are supposed to leave I notice I am the only one dressed. Greg is mowing the lawn, Brooke is texting and Mason is nowhere to be found (didn't he come home from the neighbors yet???). I told Greg we had to leave. He asked, "Where are we going?". Seriously???? I replied, "To have our family pictures taken... in 20 minutes!!!". I can't believe we did it; but we were in the car in time... and in outfits that would match if I requested black and white photos. Bradie (www.bradiekphotography.com) was so kind. The kids loved her. She even managed to take some photos of Brooke and Mason... and Brooke and her friends. If you make an-almost-13-yr-old happy then everyone is happy... especially during family portraits. We did it. We smiled. And I can't wait to see the photos. I do love my family!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment