A man is a success is he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.



- Bob Dylan







Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Go for the GOLD!!!











GOLD...

Who doesn't love gold, you ask???? WSU alums prefer Crimson and Gray over Purple and Gold.... but that's irrelevant (sorry fellow Cougs). These are a few of my favorite "gold" items I wanted to share with you. The reason being is because the shoes are in stores now, but might not be in a few weeks. I am sure there are many that might question my shoe preference.. but those who really know me understand completely :). I just like what I like. It doesn't matter what the price tag says. I will try to explain the items and their importance. The first photo is clear... it's just all of them combined. Now for the other photos...
Gold Trophy... My kids gave that to me in 2003. Brooke was in Kindergarten and Mason was being potty trained (long process). I thought they'd stay young forever. We are now going to celebrate Brooke being on official teenager. Where does the time go??? I keep this on my bookshelf in my studio. I adore it and look at it every day. Especially the days I tell the kids "NO" and have to hear why I am NOT the best mom for various reasons. This is the point where I realize my kids have grown up. I now get Target gift cards and coffee cards.... and "best mom" cards from Hallmark. But I love them all the same.
My grandma's Gold medallion necklace... My mom gave this to me many years ago after my grandma Dorothy passed away. Everyone says I got my expressive, brown eyes from her. She was also an artist. I proudly own a few of her pieces and love her style of painting. She painted people and places. I paint words. We would have made a good team. This is the necklace she wore with all 13 grandchildren's names engraved on it. Two of the grandchildren are no longer with us.... which makes it even more special to ... since one was my sister. I wear this every once in awhile with her initials (opposite side) displayed. So I am not sure anyone actually knows all of the names are engraved on the back. It even has our birthdays... which she never forgot (now I see why).
My new Gold flats. LOVE THEM! I just bought them at Target. Sorry Greg, I forgot to mention I took the kids to target the other day. Mason had $14.00 and HAD to go! It was my responsible duty as a mother to take him. and look what I found!!! They were only $12.99. Seriously! They are cute and comfy and I think I might wear them today. I love Target.
Little bottles of wine with a Gold screw top. I love this wine. Bella Sera Pinot Grigio. I know it is cheap wine. But hey, I went to college at WSU. We drank MAX (it was super cheap) and LUCKY (because the caps had puzzles on them) beer back in the 80's. I don't even know if they make those beers any more. My taste buds like inexpensive alcohol. That is great for our family budget. I purchase these little ones and keep them in the refrigerator for those moments when you just need a little something at the end of a long, long, long day. It's also good to keep on hand for recipes that require a little white wine. I'll try to find one and post it in the near future. I should probably mention that I do like good, expensive wine too!!!!!!
So, with all of that said... I guess I like gold. I would have posted a photo of real gold coins and Fran's gold chocolate wrappers... but I don't have any. Keep in mind Gold does not have to be expensive to be enjoyed.
- Tracy



No comments:

Post a Comment