A man is a success is he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.



- Bob Dylan







Friday, April 23, 2010

New green purse

I am at home yesterday painting and I hear a knock on my door. It's my friend Bradie. She is here to drop off a disc of photos. As I walk her to her car, I notice the cutest green purse in the front seat. Of course I have to comment on it. I am really into the color green right now. She asks if I want it. I am sure! Of course I am not going to take her purse. She says "take it... and use it for awhile.. and give it back to me when you are done." Then she proceeds to empty it out onto her passenger seat. Are your kidding? I've never had anything like this happen to me before. I didn't know what to do. So I took it... and thanked her.... and hugged her.... and thanked her... and tried to give it back.... and realized she was not going to take it back.... so I thanked her again and again. I absolutely LOVE my new green purse! I am going to go buy a new top just to go with it. And one day this summer I will drive the purse back to her house and tell her it had a good time while it was with me. And I will thank her again for that great, new green purse.
- Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment